Efdemin and Rndm bring the funk as Pigon on this week's RA podcast.
If the RA podcast were a sitcom, this one would be a "very special episode." In our very first repeat performance, we've got Phillip Sollmann, AKA Efdemin, returning to the controls as one-half of Pigon. For those unfamiliar with Sollmann's collaborative project with Oliver Kargl, AKA Rndm, it's basically their jam band outfit, music "mostly done live with simple edits."
For their RA podcast, however, the duo have chosen to go the DJ mix route, selecting a host of classic and shoulda-been-classic tracks from the likes of Jesper Dahlbäck (as the Persuader), Jeff Mills, and Soul Capsule. Up-to-the-minute fetishists need not worry, though, Momus's forthcoming Dial release leads off the cast and Pigon's new joint on Beatstreet helps close it out.
Since RA already spoke to Efdemin for his own podcast, we quizzed Kargl about Pigon's name, the software they use, and who might make a better freestyle rapper.
01. Momus - What Will Death Be Like - Dial
02. Claro Intelecto – Rise - Modern Love
03. Shed - That Beats Everything - Ostgut
04. The Persuader - What Is the Time, Mr. Templar? - Svek
05. Soul Capsule - Lady Science (Tek Mix) - Trelik
06. Natural Midi - Only 500 - Natural Midi
07. Soul Designer - Evolutionism - Third Ear
08. Delano Smith - Feel This - Mixmode Recordings
09. Anonym - I Can't (Stop Loving You) - Bloop Recordings
10. Problem Kidz - I Will Lead (Hollway & Eastwick Mix) - Paper Recordings
11. Jeff Mills - Expanded - Axis Records
12. Cartridge Family - Courtesy Car - Subvert
13. Pigon - Kamm - Beastreet
14. Petar Dundov - Oasis (Substance&Vainquer remix) - Music Man
15. Bruce Gilbert - The Shivering Man - Mute